For international attendees and exhibitors, this section features your Letter of Invitation, VISA application form and links to locate your U.S. Embassy.
The International Surface Event is proud to be a world class tradeshow and welcomes its international visitors. If you are an international visitor, be reminded that the United States government has instituted new, tighter visa requirements for non-immigrant applicants. This may lengthen the amount of time it takes to process your visa application.
As a result, get an early jump on your visa application process by obtaining all the necessary documentation.
Whether you are an attendee or exhibitor, there are several things you must do in advance to prepare for your trip to the United States. Please review the tabs below to get the information you need.
Important Travel Information
The turnaround time for most VISA applications is 30 days, but in some cases may take considerably longer. It is recommended to apply for your VISA two to three months before your scheduled trip in order to avoid delays in processing. You may contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate for current wait times.
Appropriate documentation, such as an Invitation Letter, can help demonstrate the purpose of your trip is to attend and/or exhibit at the The International Surface Event and that you intend to return home.
- International visitors may access the Letter of Invitation through the registration system once they have completed the registration for the show.
- Only The International Surface Event attendees and exhibitors qualify for the Letter of Invitation
- At the end of the registration process, go to the MyEvent dashboard and click on the Visa Invitation Letter. Your information will pre-populate the fields and you will be able to download the Letter of Invitation
- You may print your personalized letter and attach a copy of your 2017 The International Surface Event registration confirmation to use in your visa interview as supporting documentation from The International Surface Event and/or Informa Exhibitions U.S. Construction and Real Estate.
- Emailed copies may be accepted but it is recommended that you review your U.S. Embassy or Consulate's website for specific requirements.
If you require a VISA Letter prior to our registration system opening or if you need assistance please contact Kelly Williamson directly at 972.536.6464 or via email to process your request.
One final note: please make your hotel and travel arrangements by visiting the The International Surface Event official housing provider page. If you have further questions please contact Kelly Williamson. We look forward to seeing you at the show!
Industry professionals from more than 50 countries around the world will be joining us for this year's event. Plus, exhibitors from more than 30 countries will be showcasing the latest innovations. It's truly a global view of the floor covering, stone and tile industries!
Sessions at The International Surface Event are conducted in English.
Our 2017 event will be held at the Las Vegas, NV USA.
Prior to traveling to Las Vegas for the event, you may wish to check the Las Vegas 10-day weather forecast.
Help plan your trip by checking the current exchange rate of your currency to U.S. dollars.
Tipping in the United States is customary. A 15% to 20% tip is usually expected in restaurants, taxis, and for any other services you receive.
Become familiar with American etiquette for private, public, and business interactions.
Las Vegas is located in the Pacific Time Zone.
Typically in the United States, Voltage 120, frequency 60 Hz. Below are an image and description of the two type of adapters you may be required to use:
Two flat blades or two flat blades with a round grounding pin
- U.S. country code: +1
- Las Vegas area code: (702)
- U.S. telephone numbers have ten digits total, which includes the area code and a seven digit phone number (e.g.,702.555.1234)
- To make a call, dial 1 + area code + seven-digit number
- To call internationally from Las Vegas, dial "011" + country code + area code + number
Most hotels offer high-speed Internet connections and Internet cafés are plentiful.
Dial 911 from any phone.
Standard business hours are 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
Attire at The International Surface Event is business casual. Since meeting room temperatures and personal comfort ranges may vary, a light sweater or jacket is recommended. Also, you may wish to wear comfortable shoes, as walking distances in Las Vegas can be long.
Las Vegas City Highlights
Las Vegas is a city rich in culture and cuisine that welcomes visitors from around the world. Spend some time before or after The International Surface Event exploring this exciting destination city. Consult the Convention & Visitors Bureau for ideas and resources.
If you have specific questions in the meantime, please contact us.